






It's Oct 10 and I couldn't resist this picture of the pumkin and the "Vol" reference. No matter what if you live here in Ktown....you are a "VOL"--- they make you. It doesn't matter if you watch the game or try to ignore it Orange and White is EVERYWHERE here in the fall. It's so much a part of the enviroment that you start to believe that it could really matter if they WIN.
I try to ignore it most of the time except when Cyn and I are driving around on a Sat. morning and wondering should we avoid the downtown area b/c it's a home game and there will be thousands of "fans" walking around with organge this and white that...and lots of both together. It's somehow comforting though, oddly enough, knowing that football time in TN is a marker of the coming of the end of another year. Will "we", collectively "we" are the football team, go to a bowl game? god help us---the VOLS love football no matter what......even if you don't.....you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment