Life.
It makes you cry.
Even though it's happy times, saddness seeps in when the happy ends.
Holiday's are like that.
Family and friends gather, times are spent humming tunes of the cheer
and having fun watching little ones experience it all over again--- as if for the very first time.
Life. It makes us cry.
When good times end.
When day's turn back into the "day's of ordinary".
Humming drumming along, paying bills, buying grocery's and getting up for school.
Life. I started to cry when my mother - n- law looked back on her way out the door.
A smile on her pretty face.
Heading back to Tx.
Back to her life.
Not ours.
(she said)
"I love you Steph, see you next time."
I closed the door.
I cried.
Full of knowing.
Knowing that it was the end of our holiday.
An end of a chapter of the book
Of the the journey
We call life.
Turning pages.
2010 --done.
2011-- open.
Open to be a year of ......?
Open to go all the way to December again.
Back to the holidays.
Back to crying. Smiling inside. Crying on outside.
Knowing.
It's all in the knowing.
Knowing that life is full of happy tears!

No comments:
Post a Comment