Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Love........The Weather Channel


I LOVE the weather channel.


I can't tell you how many hours I hav logged on the weather channel. I do know that I have been a fan since my early college years...say 12 years ago kindly, and I still watch it more than any other station on TV. WHY? I have often ponder this strange habit.....is it the weather, the people, the music? Until NBC took over I think it was for the silence. What I mean is that it was so simple, it was just really all about weather and nothing else, no agenda, no "speculations". I once read in a Feng Shui book that if you wanted to create a relaxing, calming atmosphere in a room using the TV put it on the weather channel. So I think I got hooked to the "no one is trying to sell me an idea" it was JUST THE WEATHER.....mankind can't mess with that!

So I continue....everyday...we have a game at the Anderson house when we eat dinner. "what is your favorite color? everyone answers...."what is your favorite animal? everyone answers..."what is your favorite TV show....everyone answers...but I never get the chance....Tatum always says, "mommy yours is the Weather Channel, yes!" really? "yes" i say with some kind of pride and quiet confidence that at least she didn't say, "Lifetime, yes!"

So if you don't watch the weather channel and your in a "rough mood" and need to be "balanced" check it out...really all they do is report the weather....they are not asking for you to "buy" what they "think" or what they "think they think"!

off to end another day..............and to dream.............

No comments:

Post a Comment