Thursday, July 8, 2010

LEMONADE ANYONE












Long summer days
Long drifting nights
Down the river of emotion
Slowly moving side to side
Happy
Sad
Crying
Laughing
All these emotions
All within one day
One hour
Sometimes one minute
Kids
My kids
My three wonders
The ones I love
Oh it's true, I run and hide from you at times
I turn on my pink martini and I drink
I drink in the french sounds
That make me want to sway down the river
Willing to go find you again
Emotions and all
This time not so consumed with the sounds of crying and tears
But with the thought that one day this house will be quiet and I can do what ever I want all day long
I know, when I stop and take it all in
The river of emotion is beautiful
I realize in these small moments of despair of needing to run and hide
That the quiet day will come when I day dream of this river of emotion and wish we were doing our dance--swaying down the river with our pink martini and smiling at the life built out of all those tears


1 comment:

  1. I love this post! You said all that I feel but can't quite express!

    I hope all of you are well. The days in Hollywood are long gone, but sure wish we could hang out at the Burbank park once in a while or at one of our houses. CA - TN is a long way.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete