Friday, February 11, 2011

three is the magic number



I LOVE the number 3


Having three kids is a lot of fun. But I am often reminded that three kids is times 3. If I want to buy a toy. I have to buy 3. If I am planning to sign them up for a class...McDonalds? THREE! Clothes?....3 Baby!

I was recently in a store and saw a cute stuffed animal for valentines. It was $10. Not so bad....but.......times 3 ! That's 30 bucks on stuff animals that will only fill a moment and then sit in the play room hopefully for a rainy day.

Three is my lucky number. Three is the triangle that I grew up with and I am grateful that I have 3 beauties who are moving right along and are healthy and learning and fun. BUT....

I bring all this up because it has been a CRAZY WEEK! I have been running to doctors and school and shopping and this and that....I now know what my mom must have felt. Having three kids is a JOB and a JOB and a JOB. I have THREE jobs.

This week I took Jack to the dentist. First time! He did GREAT! But he has to go in to the hospital and get his teeth cleaned and pull his front teeth. They are a little late and the dentist thinks it's best to just get them out. He then had to go get 6 xrays on his foot. Long story, but he hurt it. On top of that Logan has a "birth mark" that has to be removed by incision. And then on top of it all....Today I found out that Jack, has a stress fraction in his foot and has to go into a cast. That's a story for another post. Lordie Lordie! What is a mom to do!

Needless to say, I am worn out.

I think after all this is done, this spring I am flying to NYC with my camera and staying in the Dakota Hotel. ALONE!

1 comment:

  1. 3..I love the #3. It's my lucky number.

    Sorry to hear about all the doc/dentist stuff going on. Do you trust Jack's dentist/know much about him? Have you considered getting a second opinion on pulling those teeth? That just sounds awful. Zane didn't lose any teeth (and it's only been 2) until he was 7 and his dentist never seemed concerned about it.

    NYC...alone...armed with a camera...sounds awesome! I'm jealous but hope you get some much needed rest and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete