There is a moment when all the day is settled into a bath full of bubbles and smiling happy kids giddy over hot water and clean hair.
The tub is full.
The toys are swimming.
The water is slowly BUT surely getting cold.
These three ducks are at an end of an era.
In a very short time they will not be able to fit in the same tub, nor will they want to.
I realize, while watching them and laughing with them, that this is coming to an end.
My ducks are bigger than they were this time last year.
The three of them are full of energy and life that only a 7 , 5 and 4 year can hold.
They are BECOMING.
Like flowers coming out of the earth, growing taller and brighter, more colorful with each given day.
I am in this moment.
And in this moment I feel eternity.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of you hand
And Eternity in an hour.
-william blake-
No comments:
Post a Comment