Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TIME IN A BOTTLE

Where has all the TIME gone?
















I was writing the date down today and I jerked my head back and "really, it's the 15th!"





It's the middle of November!
When did THAT happen?
Where has all the TIME gone? 
 Fall just started--or so I thought.  



I started my drive home from my daily pick-ups from school and took TIME to look around me.  I saw the trees with no leaves.  I saw the branches naked taking a shower in Autumn's falling rain.  I saw the pumpkins with no faces on the front porches of closed up houses.  I smelled the air.  It was dry.  It was a wet day , but the cool soft air was dry. 
 I looked down and saw yellow, gold, and stunning red looking back up at me. Beautiful colors of Autumn's TIME.

Tatum handed me a red leaf yesterday.  
I loved it.  I said, "thanks little miss." 
 Put it in the dashboard of my car, buckled her up, checked my messages and drove off.
As I was driving down the road I saw the leaf sitting there, I looked outside and saw all the other leaves enveloping the rolling hills around me.  I realized that I was moving too fast.  Like the changing of fall to winter. I wasn't taking TIME to take it all in.

Fall.  
All.
ll.

A slap in the face.

 Like a pregnancy stick with a + sign! 

I was moving too fast and TIME was going right along with me.  I needed to breathe.  Take life in.  I will forget about all the little things that really don't matter and will eventually change with TIME.
 I am happy in my new thought.







Pretty soon it will be TIME to change again.



once three now four


two years ago hiking

age 5 still wii it!





lamenting logan at 4

i am not sure THIS will ever change ;-)



 Winter oh winter, what will you bring? How much TIME will I give you?






  Old man winter has grabbed its keys to start its engine.
TIME is moving it's little hot engine right through to the end of 2011.



time flying away east? north? west? south?


where did she go?

I have never been so aware of how fast MY TIME is moving.  



I remember when I was a tee-tiny-wee-one I would run around without a care in the world.  There were no clocks in my imagination. There were no sounds of the tic-toc in my movements.  There were no feelings that I had to be anywhere except right where is stood.

a TIME gone.








Now at the ripe ole age of 'motherhood and beyond" I am constantly wondering if I am forgetting something.  Am I suppose to "be" somewhere. 
 I am notoriously running around looking at my TIME, scheduling when I go to Target, and for how long, making sure I can get a duck at school on TIME.  
TIME is my "atlas shrugged"

I don't wear a watch. 

 I don't think I could stand myself.  I work in increments.  I round up to the half hour with all that I TIME out. If I have to get Jack at 2.30 I leave by 2.  If I have an appointment at 3.15, I get leave by 2.45.  It's easy here in K-town to at least get down the road.
  TIME on the streets rarely throw me off.  Mainly if I am late it's because I got caught leaving the house by a duck who doesn't want me to go.  


Amazing really, how little TIME we humans have to soak it all in. 
 Then what?  
For what? 
Who knows, but none the less we soak it up like oil on  bread accompanied with a nice glass of Merlot.  (Mind you, it took no TIME to take that loaf and bottle of red down, while discussing this with my hubby. We do love bread and wine!)

TIME to eat.  
TIME to get up. 
 TIME to go shopping. 
TIME to workout.  
TIME for school.  
TIME for the baby to come.  
TIME for a glass of wine.  
TIME to just do it.
TIME to for dinner.
TIME for bed.
TIME for the show. 
TIME for marriage.
 TIME to work. 
 TIME to make the donuts.
TIME for homework.  
TIME for a new car.  
TIME for a change.

TIME.  TIME. TIME. TIME. TIME. TIME.

Hickory Dickory Dock.  
The Mouse ran up the clock.
 The clock struck 9 the mouse ran down. 
 Hickory. Dickory. Dock.



2 comments:

  1. Time for a get together with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, Logan and Tatum...where has all that time gone? Well said. Very relateable.

    ReplyDelete