Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday's are.....


Strange.


I love the mornings-
quiet 
still
a whole day ahead of me with possibilities galore
then
come around
3pm
I start to
panic-
I look at the house
the pile of clothes in the laundry
room-
the kids rooms-
a little trails left behind 
each action
each choice 
of the day-
dressing up 


tea parties
trucks and mighty machines stacked on books like piles of dirt
Wii games laid out 
played one after the other-













and let us not forget the heart of the house

the kitchen-

dishes, grape jelly on the counter tops, sippie's full of half drunk milk, chocolate milk cup with straws,
old french fries and chicken nuggets-



I look around to find my morning self
freaked out by what my 
afternoon self has to accomplish before dinner time-

once dinner comes and homework starts
the night is done 
all we end up doing from 6pm on is 
hanging-

hanging and trying to relax  from the day-

I never thought life with kids would be so
HECTIC
so full of weeding this and that, bending over, picking up
playing with the neighbors kids like they are your own









feeding, intervening 
and most of all
maintaining and watching-





The goal is to just make sure these little nuts don't KILL themselves or each other.

Ah Sunday's
a day full of UPs and DOWNs



No comments:

Post a Comment