The 4th of July has come and gone. As a kid it always marked "deep" into summer for me. When it finally rolled around I felt like I was lost in summer having nothing to do but "nothing". I have fond memories of going to my uncle's house by the lake and shooting fireworks. I wish things some things never changed. They always do.
Oh well, life tumbles on.
We found ourselves tumbling on a smoker at home depot the day before the 4th and Matt found the register! He is crazy into cooking. The ribs ROCKED!
 |
| staring to smoke ribs at 3pm |
 |
| loving it |
 |
| 3d love |
 |
| lighting the fire |
 |
| can't believe she wasn't freaked out by them! |
 |
| poster child for the 4th of July |
The kids had a blast (no pun intended LOL) and we watched fireworks from the top balcony and played with sparklers in the front yard. It was a nice day and a loud night. Just what one looks for.
Jack played mostly with the IPad and listened to the fireworks. He got up at 6am (on a summer day) and didn't go to bed til 1am the night before, he at least stayed awake! I don't know if I would have!
 |
| IPad Bliss |
 |
| more IPad bliss |
As far as it goes summer is moving right along. Can't believe it is already July. We are looking into going to the beach in Aug. before school. The ducks would go crazy over the ocean! We will see, finding place to stay will be the hard part on such short notice. I hope everyone is having a great summer and having "fun" in the sun.
I have those memories too! How sweet they are!
ReplyDelete