I knew I would be a MOM one day.
As a little girl i always envisioned being a "mom". Some may say, later than sooner, but for me the later was the best choice for me. When I changed my name to MOM I was ready.
My mom is a mom and has always been a mom. I admired her in hundreds of ways growing up and as a child I watched very closely.
She is the mom I hoped to be.
Now-
I see Tatum doing the same, watching me very closely.
Watching me put my makeup on and wanting to do the same. I dress her the I would want to be dressed if I were her, or she were me. I see her in me and me in her. I hear the boys call my name when they need something or want to show me they climbed a tree or thought something was funny. I hear all their voices. Day in and out--yelling, crying, saying, MOM. I often hear it at the same time in three different directions. I sometimes go crazy and other times, when I am lucky, I stand still and feel the gratitude of having them say it at all.
Mother
Other
Her
Mothers.
I have met a lot of them since I have become one and all of them I give a heads up. No matter who you are and what your circumstances, being a "mother" is the ultimate sacrifice. Not one that many regrets, but one that is true. It demands a woman to change. To shift. To shift in so many ways I can't begin to write them all.......you see the world at a different angle. Your center becomes them. You are strangely commented on the worst days and horribly in love with each little one that you create. You would take a bullet, move a mountain, defend them to the death.
Mother
Other
Her.
"Home is where your mother is." I read that in a store the other day.
I like it.
It's true.
No matter what, in the craziness of LIFE, I find if I am spinning out of controlling and looking for my center I look to my MOM.
My Mother.
My Home.
Thanks mom. For all that you are now and what you have been for me in the past of my life that has most undoubtedly helped me be the MOM I want to be to the three kids I would take a bullet for any day.
Happy Mother's Day to all the MOMs I know. I know you and you know me. We are all taking bullets!
Mother.
Other.
Her.
No comments:
Post a Comment